Registration Procedures & Documents Required

Notice:

USD$14,000 is enough investment capital for Consulting WFOE registration now.

For the Trading or Manufacture WFOE registration, minmium investment capital suggestion is still 140,000 USD$ (20% in advance and the rest 80% should be ready within 2 years)



Registration Procedures

Foreign companies are not allowed to directly submit the application documents to the relevant authority. They must retain a PRC entity that is authorized or permitted by relevant authorities to act as a sponsor. The sponsor will submit all the documents to the examination and approval authority on behalf of the foreign enterprise. Procedures to set up the Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise in Shanghai are as following:
    1. Check and Register Company Name (about 3 days)
    2. Apply for Approval Certificate (about 15-30 days)
    3. Apply for Business License (about 15 days)
    4. Apply for Organization Code License (about 1 day)
    5. Register in Shanghai Tax Bureau (about 15 days)
    6. Open a RMB bank account (about 3 days)
    7. Register Foreign Currency Certificate (about 1 day)
    8. Check the registered capital (about 5 days)
    9. Obtain Import/Export license and VAT invoice (Optional, Only for Trading WFOE, about 1 month)
    10.Register in the shanghai custom (Optional, Only for Trading WFOE, about 5 days)

Documents Required

The documents required for setting up a WFOE are listed below:
    1. Copy of Business License of parent foreign company which was certificated by Chinese Embassy (if it's personal investor, then passport copy certificated by Chinese Embassy is enough)
    2. The lastest annual audit report from the parent foreign company. The audit report should be in the format as prepared by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
    3. Credit letters from foreign company banker to declare a good credit within at least current 6 month
    4. The resume, copy of the passport and 8 pieces of passport size photos of the Legal Representative of the WFOE
    5. The parent company's legal representative's passport copy
    6. Business scope and how long the WFOE is going to do business in China
    7. Brief introduction of the foreign investor(s) including name, address and telephone number
    8. Total investment and registered capital and the make up of investment
    9. Registered address, leasing contract, certificate of real estate, and certificate for leasing ( We can provide free virtual address for the registration upon your request, no need to rent an office in advance).

The above document is enough to register a Trading & Consulting WFOE, But if you want to register a Manufacture WFOE, you have to prepare following extra documents:
    1 .Purpose and estimated investment
    2. WFOE's operational structure and number of employees
    3 .Permission for land use, environment evaluation report
    4.Products, size of production, detailed list of equipment, and business plan
    5.Environmental protection measures
    6.Requirement for utilities such as power and water supply


Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

    Tel:( 86-21) 52732612 ,We can speak English,Cantonese and mandarin.
    Fax: (86-21) 52728538 Email:business@firstlandsh.com

Or call our hotline(24 Hours) for more information:

    Claire: 13801614834,can speak English,Cantonese and mandarin
    Address: Room 608,No.99 HuiChuan Rd,Modern Universe Business Plaza(2 minutes walking of Exit 7,Zhongshan Park Station,Metrol Line 2,3,4), Shanghai 200042.